L.E.D. is the acronym of Light Emitting Diode. LED is an optoelectronic device that uses optical semiconduttor's properties for produce photons with a phenomenon of self-sown emission.
The first LED was developed in 1962 by the American Nick Holonyak Jr. while he was employed at General Electrics as a consultant.
• Long-life: in contrast to traditional lighting: 50.000-100.000hrs (LED) performance, with a radical decrease in technology maintenance costs;
• High Energy Efficiency: over 60% increase in light energy savings. Compared to traditional incandescent bulbs the saving achieved by using LED lighting is about 93% - compared to halogen lamps up to 90% - compared to metal halide lamps 70% - compared to fluorescent lamps 66%;
• High safety: LED contains silicon powder, it does not contain harmful gases to the health and has no toxic substances such as lead, nitrogen and mercury; there are no UV and I.R emissions.
• Low-Voltage: with low heat emission, LEDs are supplied at low voltage; maximum efficiency even at low temperatures. You can install LEDs in contact with plastic, wood, and all those materials that don’t tolerate excessive heat. The saving in air-conditioning a very enlightened room can be considerable;
• High luminous efficiency: immediate ON/OFF switching, not flickering, compact light source with precise beam control of the light emitted. Excellent colour rendering.
• Application on various lighting solutions due to its adaptability.
S.M.D. is the acronym of Surface Mounted Devices. LED units are soldered directly onto the plate.
R.G.B. is the acronym of Red, Green and Blue. Colors seen by human eyes is the result of a mixture of these 3 basic colors. A product with a R.G.B. quality indicates the possibility to change the color.
C.O.B. is the acronym of CHIP ON BOARD. This technology denotes that LEDs are fixed directly on PCB without "Package" use but using "Bond wires". This technology has many advantages as:
• Minimum light absorption
• Better performances of Lumen / Watt (efficiency)
• Less heat generation
• More reliability
With the existing technology the answer is YES. LED are used everywhere: from the lamps of cemetery to the cars lamp, from traffic lights to street lights, from office lights and trade areas to surgery departments.
The existing fixtures for fluorescent tubes come with built-in ballast and starter that are not necessary for LED tubes. Both of them must be removed before installation of LED tubes. Please read our installation instruction for the detail. It should also be reminded that certification of conformity of the fixture will be invalidated by inappropriate removing of ballast and starter. You are recommended to use our LED fixtures with certification of conformity.
We provide a simulation of light effect that will show the correct number and position of LED lamp you plan to install. Please contact us for further question.
Compared with all existing lighting devices, LED has long life time, high efficiency, is environmentally friendly, has no flickering, allows easy installation and maintenance. No other lighting device can compete.